Monday, May 25, 2009

Greetings - last day of a three day weekend. What a great invention, the three day weekend. And it leads to a four day workweek. I think I love four day workweeks - can I have one of those every month?
I wanted to make sure I did not let something go unnoticed to my blog followers. My young neice Lily recently starred, as a sixth grader, in her school production of "Alice, Junior." This is the elementary school version of Alice in Wonderland.
And did I mention that my neice, Lily Kathryn, was the STAR of the show? I was so proud of her! Alas...tickets back to Indiana were grossly expensive (and at the time, I was still gainfully umemployed), so I was not able to go back home to see her play. But with the photos Lily's mom sent, and the breathless and excited phone call I got from Lily after opening night (on the way to the Opening Night Cast Pizza Party - always the best part of any production), I can only say that she was a huge hit!
She's named after me and following in my footsteps! See photos below:



Truth be told, I'm proud of all my neices and nephews - four of each. Dominic is home after his sophmore year at Dominican University; his sister Maria heads to Marian in the fall. She is a true beauty and very talented - she got a scholarship for being named to the Marian Dance Team!


My mom heads out every Saturday, this time of year, to FOUR soccor games with Zoe, Lily, Olivia and now Jack. They are all really growing up.

I'm looking forward to the annual Arizona Schwab Family Vacation in Santa Barbara, in July. Brendan and Matt are also growing like crazy. I can safely say these two boys love coming here for vacation - often, the temp here in Santa Barbara is 30-40 degrees cooler than in AZ! Matthew, my youngest nephew, is reading on his own, at only 5-years-old, and I have proof:


Dunno...maybe having an Aunt who worked at a bookstore helped, a little bit?

Hey - I'm on Twitter, look for me: K8Reader.

That's it for now, from Memorial Day in Paradise.

K8.







No comments: